Google
 

Sunday, April 13, 2008

I Drink Your Milkshake!

So I'm a little late to this party. I only saw There Will Be Blood a few days ago.

I'd read and seen reviews, and as always when they reveal way too much plot in the previews, I pretty much knew how the whole thing was going to turn out.

"I guess you could call me an Oil Man.." - check
"There's an ocean of oil under us..." - check
"I have a competition in me..." - check
"I've abandoned my boy!" - check

So I thought we'd gotten past all of the plot reveals, and Daniel Plainview had alienated everyone in his life and was, literally, face-down in the gutter, when Eli returns and Daniel re-animates. Going from drunk and dead to the world to alive and on the attack, he brings his full force to bear on the now-struggling Eli and says, of course, "I drink your milkshake!" with a chilling effect that many have likened to Hannibal Lecter.

Lots of people have had fun with this .. and I'm glad to have missed these particular plot spoilers.

Like this mashup .. or this more dance oriented one using the same song .. and finally this SNL skit (sorry, I'm sure there's a more direct link, but SNL has no video search).

After which follows the Surprise Ending, after which I realized that the title of this movie is really a promise. There Will Be, and There Was.

Boy I could really use a milkshake about now...

2 Comments:

Blogger cartomanzia said...

very funny story!!!

visit my website to read more...

tarocchi

12:58 AM  
Blogger Bang Del said...

This information is very helpful. Very feasible for me as a reference. Thanks .. Oops .. Btw, your blog is very good and clean. I really like it:)

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home